DavidsTea Just the Leaf: Organic Black Jasmine Pearls
Welcome back! Today is our fifth day of the 8 Crazy Days of tea–with me, the self proclaimed tea lady. We continue with one of DAVIDsTEA’s Black tea’s: Organic Jasmine Black Pearls. I’m glad you have tuned into episode 62 of Erin’s tea, please tell your friends about Erin’s Tea so I can work hard to bring you many more episodes!
ERIN’S TEA SHOW NOTES
- It’s a Chinese Black tea with Jasmine blossoms in it… super rare to have this combination.
- It’s special because it’s hand rolled, and they use black tea from China.
- This tea is a little more delicate than other black teas, so do not use boiling water, water should be 94 degrees (boil your water and let it sit for about 3 minutes).
- Steeping time is 5 minutes, and keep in mind you only need 2-3 pearls.
- Jasmine tea offers many health benefits, including a reduced risk of cancer, lower heart rate, blood pressure, stroke and cholesterol levels.
- It has a medium amount of caffeine.
- It’s smells very clean and fresh, very floral.
- Probably a tea I would add milk to.
- If you are considering sweetening your tea, consider Steevia instead of Agave. Read why here.
The bottom line?
I loved this one! It’s not overtly floral and it’s a very light black tea. A lot of black pearled teas are quite intense, this one is just in the middle. If you’ve never tried a pearled tea, you should definitely give this one a go.
So until next time, That’s Tea To Me.
Want to win the Gung Fu Steeping Set and a sample of the next 8 teas I review? Comment below and share this post on twitter and facebook. Don’t forget to visit our friends on facebook too. One lucky winner will receive the entire set!
I love tea, and I want to share my love of tea with you.
I really appreciate you taking the time to come to Erin's Tea. I am obsessed with everything related to Tea, and I want to share that love with you on a daily basis. Our newsletter subscribers also get special content delivered to their mailbox that can't be found on the blog.
- Tea Steeping Times
- Special Contests and Gifts
- Exclusive Video Content
- Tea Tips, Tricks, and more