DavidsTea Just the Leaf: Tung Ting Vietnam
Welcome back! Today is our fourth day of the 8 Crazy Days of tea–with me, the self proclaimed tea lady. We continue with one of DAVIDsTEA’s Oolong teas Tung Ting Vietnam. I’m glad you have tuned into episode 61 of Erin’s tea, please tell your friends about Erin’s Tea so I can work hard to bring you many more episodes!
ERIN’S TEA SHOW NOTES
- It’s an Oolong (AKA Woolong Tea) from Vietnam.
- It’s special because most Oolong teas come from Taiwan.
- This one comes from the Lam Dong Garden which was made to celebrate the Taiwan Oolongs.
- Oolongs used to be famous for being hand rolled but due to the demand most are subjected to new sophisticated processes that mimic the hand rolling. However, lucky you, this one is hand rolled.
- Boil your water for steeping but let it rest for 3 minutes (to cool down) as it needs to be 94 degrees for a proper steep.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- The special thing about Oolongs is that the flavour changes the more steeps you do (with the same leaves!)
- The first taste is fresh and has a hint of floral and it has a bit of a milk oolong taste (kind of buttery)
- It has a medium amount of caffeine.
- It’s smells very clean and fresh.
- If you are considering sweetening your tea, consider Steevia instead of Agave. Read why here.
The bottom line?
I loved this one! It took me some time to find an Oolong that I didn’t hate. I find I prefer the more of the green oolongs than the darker ones. The ones that are more floral are kind of my thing. But because tea is so versatile you have to form your own opinion about Oolongs and which ones are for you! If you are experimenting with Oolong’s or are new to them, put this one on your list!
So until next time, That’s Tea To Me.
Want to win the Gung Fu Steeping Set and a sample of the next 8 teas I review? Comment below and share this post on twitter and facebook. Don’t forget to visit our friends on facebook too. One lucky winner will receive the entire set!
I love tea, and I want to share my love of tea with you.
I really appreciate you taking the time to come to Erin's Tea. I am obsessed with everything related to Tea, and I want to share that love with you on a daily basis. Our newsletter subscribers also get special content delivered to their mailbox that can't be found on the blog.
- Tea Steeping Times
- Special Contests and Gifts
- Exclusive Video Content
- Tea Tips, Tricks, and more