DavidsTea’s Second Flush Darjeeling
Welcome back! Today is our third day of the 8 Crazy Days of tea–with me, the self proclaimed tea lady. We continue with one of DAVIDsTEA’s Second Flush Darjeeling. I’m glad you have tuned into episode 62 of Erin’s tea, please tell your friends about Erin’s Tea so I can work hard to bring you many more episodes!
ERIN’S TEA SHOW NOTES
- Second Flush Darjeeling.
- Hails from Darjeeling India.
- Darjeeling is often called the Champagne of tea, not because it tastes like it but because if the tea does not come from the Darjeeling region of India, you cannot call it Darjeeling tea.
- You’ll want to use boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- It has a medium amount of caffeine.
- Second Flush refers to the time of the year it’s plucked.
- Second flush generally has darker amber colour and a stronger flavour.
- The unique flavour comes from a variety of things like the unique weather each year, the topography and the plant type.
- Some also say that the taste of Darjeeling is so unique because of a reaction that happens when small insects suck fluid from the stems of the tea plant.
- If you are considering sweetening your tea, consider Steevia instead of Agave. Read why here.
The bottom line?
It smells like a true traditional tea, it would be fabulous with milk in my opinion. If you are looking for a traditional tea that isn’t overpowering definitely check this one out.
So until next time, That’s Tea To Me.
Want to win the Gung Fu Steeping Set and a sample of the next 8 teas I review? Comment below and share this post on twitter and facebook. Don’t forget to visit our friends on facebook too. One lucky winner will receive the entire set!
I love tea, and I want to share my love of tea with you.
I really appreciate you taking the time to come to Erin's Tea. I am obsessed with everything related to Tea, and I want to share that love with you on a daily basis. Our newsletter subscribers also get special content delivered to their mailbox that can't be found on the blog.
- Tea Steeping Times
- Special Contests and Gifts
- Exclusive Video Content
- Tea Tips, Tricks, and more