Handcrafted Teas: iHeartTeas launches new teas
Welcome back! iHeartTeas has launched a few new hand crafted teas recently and she has sent me a few to try out. In today’s episode we explore Raspberry & Apricot Green Tea Delight and Strawberry Island. I’m glad you have tuned into episode 51 of Erin’s tea, please tell your friends about Erin’s Tea so I can work hard to bring you many more episodes!
ERIN’S TEA SHOW NOTES
- I first met Rachel on Steepster and started following her on twitter. (follow her personal account and her iHeartTeas account)
- When I was in Chicago last time she was going to give me a few samples of some of her newest blends but unfortunately we couldn’t make it work (but she popped the teas in the mail to me), and next time we’ll have to meet up for tea for sure!
- The first of the two teas I tried was the Strawberry Island, it’s a black tea, so I used boiling water and let it steep for about 4 minutes. It is a very nice tropical tea. I love coconut teas and this one does not disappoint. It actually reminds me of DavidsTea’s Fantasty Island but instead of Raspberry it has Strawberry. Two thumbs up. Boiling water, 4-6 minutes, and 1 teaspoon.
- The second tea was the Raspberry & Apricot Green Tea Delight. I used 82 degree water and steeped for about 3 minutes. I think I oversteeped my first try, as it was kind of sour the way green tea does when you oversteep. The flavour is really light. On my second attempt I steeped for 2 minutes and holy hanna it was so much better. LOVE this tea!
- Rachel has four unique blends she does by hand and also has other items that she sells on her site:http://iheartteas.teatra.de/ Plus she’s always adding more.
- She also crafts unique oil scents and sent me a strawberry coconut, smells good enough to eat!
A little bit about Rachel:
Rachel is out of Chicago, IL and has been a tea lover for years. Why should you pick her teas? Rachel aims to create unique blends that you haven’t tasted before. She has a unique flare for blending teas and often works on customizeable orders for clients. She makes small batches of tea for that very reason. She loves the engagement and interaction between the client and herself trying to come up with the perfect tea for them and has recently made a caffeine free Strawberry Lemonade because someone asked her–how cool is that?! She currently sells 4 blends of her own online but is looking to add many more over the next few months.
What are Rachels favourite teas? Outside of her collection she enjoys Milk Oolong from thepuriTea, and also loves Coconut Pouchong from Golden Moon Tea. From her own collection she enjoys Strawberry Island the best. (Me too)
My Ruling: The teas are hand crafted and are made with fine ingredients. She sent a thank you card in with the teas as well as some scented oil for me to try. Her teas are relatively inexpensive and you can just feel the love she has for tea. If you are looking for a customized blend, contact Rachel and see if she can help you out!
So until next time, That’s Tea to Me.
I love tea, and I want to share my love of tea with you.
I really appreciate you taking the time to come to Erin's Tea. I am obsessed with everything related to Tea, and I want to share that love with you on a daily basis. Our newsletter subscribers also get special content delivered to their mailbox that can't be found on the blog.